The Union League of Philadelphia
140 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Date: Wednesday, July 10th, 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
James P. Torgerson, Chief Executive Officer of Avangrid, Inc. is a Member of the Board of Directors of AVANGRID, Inc. Jim earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a degree in accounting from Cleveland State University.
- Energy Sector: Since 2006, Jim has been President and Chief Executive Officer of UIL Holdings Corporation.
- Prior to joining UIL Holdings, he served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator, Inc.
- Jim is a member of the Board of the Edison Electric Institute and the American Gas Association.
- He is a Director of Yale New Haven Health System and serves as Chairman of the Connecticut Institute for the 21st Century.
- Jim serves as a Trustee of the Yale-New Haven Hospital, the Catholic Cemetery Association, Archdiocese of Hartford, and a Member of the Fairfield Business Counsel.
- Former Chairman and Director of the Connecticut Business and Industry Association.
The American Gas Association (AGA) represents companies delivering natural gas safely, reliably, and in an environmentally responsible way to help improve the quality of life for their customers every day. AGA’s mission is to provide clear value to its membership and serve as the indispensable, leading voice and facilitator on its behalf in promoting the safe, reliable, and efficient delivery of natural gas to homes and businesses across the nation.